A £12 million capacity-building fund to support low-carbon transitions and a green, resilient economic recovery across ODA-eligible countries.
Potential applicants can use the following form to quickly check whether their project would be eligible for funding.
1. Do you have a project idea to accelerate low-carbon transition and promote greener, resilient and inclusive future in at least one of the following target ODA-eligible countries:
Multi-country or regional project proposals may also include one or more of the UK PACT Country Programme countries (Colombia, Mexico and South Africa), however the primary beneficiary must be one or more of the above mentioned countries.
Asia is not the focus of the second funding round.
Thank you for your interest, though at this time we are only looking at these particular countries.
2. Does your proposed project aim to deliver capacity building1 in the following areas?
Thank you for your interest, though at this time we are only accepting proposals for these particular themes in their respective regions.
3. Is there demand for your proposed project from local beneficiaries? 2
Thank you for your interest, however at this time projects funded through UK PACT need to be demand-led.
4. Is your proposed project expected to cost less than £500,000 to implement?
You may still be eligible for funding, though please note the grant will be capped at £500,000.
5. Is your proposed project expected to last up to 12 months?3
Project funding through UK PACT is currently available for up to 12 months. Co-funding to support longer term projects is allowed
6. Eligible organisations include (but are not limited to) local non-governmental organisations (NGOs), civil society organisations, research institutes and private sector companies. Government bodies and agencies are not eligible for this scheme. Are you an eligible organisation?
Thank you for your interest, government bodies and agencies may be the beneficiaries of the technical assistance provided, but are not eligible to apply directly to access funding.
Answering yes to all the questions above indicates that your project is eligible to apply for funding. Please click here to apply.
If some of your answers were no, your project is not eligible just yet. The project may be eligible with some adjustments. Please review the material here regarding the types of projects we are funding and register for more updates on the fund at this link.
 Capacity building is the development and strengthening of human and institutional resources. Please note, the Green Recovery Challenge Fund is intended for capacity building through sharing information and expertise, training and consulting services only.
 Those organisations or groups of individuals who will benefit from the change that the project will deliver.
 Project funding is currently available for up to 12 months, subject to potential extension.
Follow the links below to access the application portal and guidance on how to use the portal and your application can be found on the GRCF guidance page.