We are pleased to announce that today the Indonesia-UK PACT (Partnering for Accelerated Climate Transitions) programme has launched a call for proposals for work on energy efficiency.
From today, Indonesia-UK PACT is seeking proposals from eligible organisations to develop innovative projects to support Indonesia’s climate mitigation ambitions. The deadline for applications is on 30 November 2021 at 18.00 Western Indonesia Time/ 11.00 GMT.
For this extension of the UK’s MENTARI Programme, done in collaboration with Indonesia-UK PACT, we are looking for proposals that will help deliver the following objectives for the energy efficiency sector:
- Support Indonesia’s Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, as well other relevant actors, to increase their capacity to prepare, implement and monitor energy efficiency projects both in the public and private sectors
- Support the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, as well other relevant actors, to increase their capacity to implement efficiency measures in buildings such as government offices, existing ports, existing airports, and where relevant, to set ambitions towards net-zero buildings
- Supporting the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, as well other relevant actors, to have additional, credible policy options to increase fiscal and financial incentives for energy efficiency projects and the ability to implement them
Grant value: between £200,000 and £500,000 per year per project
Project duration: up to 3 years
All selected projects will provide technical assistance and capacity building within each sector with the aim of reducing carbon emissions and creating new jobs.
Welcoming today’s launch, His Excellency British Ambassador to Indonesia and Timor Leste Owen Jenkins, said:
“The UK is proud to continue existing co-operation with Indonesia in the energy efficiency sector. Accelerating action towards greater energy efficiency will help ensure efficient energy demand while maintaining growth and competitiveness. We are committed to continuing to support the Indonesian Government’s efforts in promoting low-carbon development”.
Read more about the current call for proposals in Indonesia on our Indonesia-UK PACT web page.
Updates on other Indonesia-UK PACT priority sectors are as follows:
- UK PACT is also still receiving applications for the Low-Carbon Cities and Transport call for proposal until 4 November 2021. Please click here for more information.
- There is a slight postponement to the scheduled call for proposals on Carbon Pricing. New dates will be updated shortly.
About the MENTARI programme
The MENTARI Programme (Towards Indonesia’s Low Carbon Energy Transition) is a four-year partnership between the Indonesian Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (ESDM) and the British Embassy Jakarta (BEJ) to develop low-carbon energy in Indonesia. A Low Carbon Energy Transition can help Indonesia achieve its inclusive economic growth, poverty reduction, electrification, and climate change goals. The programme consists of various strands of work around the themes of policy, investment, demonstration projects, and collaboration and networking.
Please visit the MENTARI programme website for more information.
About the UK PACT programme
UK PACT is funded by the UK Government’s Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) as part of the UK’s International Climate Finance (ICF) portfolio. The programme works in partnership with Official Development Assistance (ODA)-eligible countries with high emissions reduction potential. It aims to support them to implement and increase their ambitions for Green-House Gas (GHG) reductions in line with their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) and the long-term goal of the 2015 Paris Agreement to limit dangerous climate change. In Indonesia, UK PACT will work to strengthen existing UK-Indonesia climate mitigation efforts, as well as exploring new areas for low-carbon development and clean growth. Read more about our project portfolio on our website.