We are pleased to announce that projects for this funding window are now live across Asia and Latin America with our partners implementing them using grants of up to £500,000.
Greening Financial Systems aims to mainstream climate-related financial risks and opportunities in order to accelerate the low-carbon transition and enable a green recovery.
With climate change posing a systematic risk to economies and financial systems – and with those risks heightened in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic – the need to support the move to net-zero economies has become more crucial than ever before.
Here is a look at our grantees and their projects:
- Programa de Inversión Responsible: Strengthening capabilities on climate action for investors of the Peruvian financial ecosystem, within the framework of the Green Financing Roadmap
- Carbon Trust Mexico S.A. de C.V.: Greening Finance in Argentina to combat climate change and promote inclusion
- Carbon Trust, UK: Greening Agri-Finance in Brazil: mainstreaming low carbon and gender inclusive interventions in Plano Safra to transform Brazil’s agriculture and livestock sectors
- CDP WORLDWIDE: Enhanced Task force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures - aligned transparency for an economically and environmentally resilient financial system in Brazil
- CDP WORLDWIDE: In Indonesia and Thailand. Closing the gap on sustainable finance and enabling green recovery through capacity building in CDP’s Task force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures - aligned disclosures and the Global Reporting Initiative standards
- Global Green Growth Institute: Capacity building to the government of Peru to support its first sovereign green bond issuance
- SMS Latinoamerica: Promoting green finance to foster sustainable development in the North of Argentina
- WayCarbon: Mainstreaming climate risk assessment in credit operations of Brazilian development banks
Through its grants, UK PACT aims to work in partnership with countries to reduce emissions and foster inclusive economic growth.
To keep up to date with our grantees and their projects, sign up for the latest news.